Why recycle with Sims?
When you sell your scrap metal to us, you can be confident that you and your scrap are in the best hands.
- We take your safety extremely seriously. All our sites are governed by our ‘safety first’ policy to ensure that you are safe when you come on site.
- We are the largest collector, processor and supplier of scrap metal in the world. Established in Sydney in 1917, we have a reputation for integrity and transparency, and for doing the right thing – for our customers and the environment.
- Transparent, accurate pricing. Our calibrated electronic weighbridge scales link directly to our computer system. We weigh and inspect your load right in front of you and provide a printed docket for your records.
- Quick and easy payment terms. We offer prompt payment via cash, cheque and EFT.
- We maximise recovery with the latest technology. Our facilities recover as much metal as possible and convert it into high-grade metal commodities which allow us to pay you a better price.
- Our staff are scrap metal experts. We have a team of knowledgeable scrap metal experts who can help you manage your metal waste and get the most out of your scrap.
- We are committed to environmental sustainability. We are listed in the top 20 of The Global Top 100 Sustainable Companies, and pride ourselves on the highest standards of environmental and community responsibility in every region we operate.
- We are a responsible community and industry partner. At every one of our global sites – from Australia to North America, New Zealand to Europe – we meet or exceed benchmarks for human and environmental safety. We take corporate social responsibility seriously.